As employment lawyers, Fernandez & Lauby LLP represents a wide variety of clients with diverse legal needs and issues. We serve those in and around Orange County, Riverside and San Bernardino, also known as The Inland Empire. We represent the individual employee as well as large numbers of workers in class action lawsuits. California and federal laws protect employees from discriminatory conduct and other forms of employer mistreatment. If you feel your rights were violated by your employer, we offer a complimentary consultation to discuss the options that may be available to you. To schedule your free case review, call Fernandez & Lauby LLP at 888-959-8508.
We Represent Victims of Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace:
Federal and California laws protect individuals in protected classes from harassment. Fernandez & Lauby represents clients who have been subjected to various forms of discrimination, including:
- Age discrimination – terminating or treating an employee harshly due of their age. Once a worker reaches the age of 40, they are protected by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967.
- Racial discrimination – it is illegal to treat an employee preferentially or negatively because of their racial background or skin color
- Disability discrimination – employers are prohibited from discriminating against individuals with disabilities. This extends to hiring, compensation, benefits, promotions and job training.
- Sex discrimination in the workplace – federal and California law prohibit employers from discriminating against employees based on their gender. This applies equally to males and females and extends to hiring, compensation, promotions, benefits and other job-related issues.
- Pregnancy discrimination – Pregnant women are a protected class, as designated in the Civil Rights Act. Under the Family Medical Leave Act and the California Family Rights Act, employers may not discriminate against pregnant women. A pregnant employee may not be refused a job or terminated due to pregnancy.
- Wrongful termination – At Fernandez & Lauby we handle wrongful termination cases. Employees may not be terminated for participating in union activities or in retaliation for whistleblowing or for many other reasons.
- Hostile environment – We represent clients who have been subjected to hostile environments in the workplace. This form of conduct is strictly prohibited.
- Retaliation – There are many reasons why employers or others in the work environment retaliate against an individual, but they are all unlawful. We represent victims of workplace retaliation.
- Wage and Hour Disputes – Wage and hour disputes can often be resolved quickly and efficiently by alternative dispute resolution methods.
Contact an Inland Empire Employment Lawyer for a Free Case Review:
Fernandez & Lauby LLP has been helping clients with employment issues for more than 15 years. We are experienced litigators and skilled negotiators and we care deeply about our clients and our cases. Many cases are accepted on a contingency fee basis, which means that no fees are due unless we resolve the case favorably via settlement, judgment, court award or verdict. We offer a complimentary case review to assess your situation and review viable legal solutions. To schedule your free consultation, call Fernandez & Lauby LLP at 888-959-8508.